Subject Re: [IBO] Master-Detail with "how to use generator"
Author Gustavo Novaes
No, I use
Tquery (Master+Detail) + Provider + TClientDataset.
Now, i was changing my application to use IbObjects.

Gustavo Novaes

Em qua, 30 de out de 2019 às 08:28, 'Jason Wharton' supportlist@... [IBObjects] <IBObjects@yahoogroups.com> escreveu:

Are you using CachedUpdates = TRUE or FALSE?

From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IBObjects@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2019 11:07 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Master-Detail with "how to use generator"

Hi,

I want a sample (or example) that show how manage "id" field of master table?

I have a form where user can input master and details record in the same session.
Before save master record to database , need get next code.
Like
master table (Id(integer), when(date)).. PK - ID. Generator to ID.
Detail table (Id(intger), Item(integer), value (string)). PK ID + Item.
Generator to Item.

Thank you and sorry about my english.

Gustavo Novaes