Subject Re: [IBO] Query 3 times slower in 5.9 as compared with 4.21
Author Rohit Gupta
Hi  Jason,

I have no issues in you TeamViewer/RDP ing in to do it.  The code for these particular applications in not high security.  My concern is just the applications are large.  So before you do that, I will have to make a tiny application.

The queries we are looking at first are just fetching one record,   Sometimes they fetch more but these are all unidirectional.  So it makes sense to use the Cursor.  I will try and use the TIB_Cursor first.  If that's also slow, then I will get back to you after I have reproduced it in a simple application.

Quantitatively, the old application using the old IBO component used to run these queries in 11-14ms.  Now they run in 30-45ms.  There are hundreds of them as the application caches the client, animal, product, staff etc it uses (on demand).  When we enable logging, these are timed from beforeprepare to afteropen.

Thanks

Rohit