Subject RE: [IBO] Suddenly Invalid Blob ID in datapump routine
Author IBO Support List
Hi Chuck,

What version of IBO are you using?

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IBObjects@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 10:29 PM
To: IBObjects Listserve
Subject: [IBO] Suddenly Invalid Blob ID in datapump routine

Hello:

I have been working on resurrecting a DB used in creating an update for
some users of the program that I created.

I have been trying different things to properly map all the changes and
reverse the effects from previous updates using the IBO datapump component.

Over the last few weeks I have run the same code with slight
modifications numerous times without issue, well, except for the logic
of the statements themselves. Suddenly, today, I am getting Invalid Blob
ID. When I run the code in IB_SQL's data pump I get the same error and
if I continue rather than abort, I end up getting 20 of these messages
on the data pump process I am attempting. Not sure what that means? 20
blobs that are a problem?

I tried things like rebooting, removing the code from the program and
putting it into IB_SQL, replacing the updated table (Custom_View in
User's DB), CV_Description, which is the blob, with '', then seeing if
that would help, tried same thing on the source side. Nothing, still errors.

I am at a loss about this error. When googled it seems to have been a
common error in the early FB 2 versions. Essentially, nothing has
changed since yesterday when it worked multiple times during the day as
I was getting the code logic down to properly fix the messed up DB.

Both DBs use char set of NONE. This is necessary for some simple
encryption I do.

I would really appreciate any help. Help!

Thank you,
Chuck Belanger

Using FB 2.5.2,
IBO 5.3.5 1996
Delphi XE2

This is the src and dst code for the datapump
src:
SELECT * FROM CUSTOM_VIEW WHERE Change_Status = 'U'
Operates on the export/import file from the Vendor, UpdateTV.fdb

dst:
UPDATE CUSTOM_VIEW SET ML_ID = :ML_ID, VT_ID = :VT_ID,
CV_DESCRIPTION = :CV_DESCRIPTION, CV_HAS_CHILDREN = :CV_HAS_CHILDREN,
//CV_DESCRIPTION is the BLOB field
CV_PARENTID = :CV_PARENTID, CV_INDEX = :CV_INDEX,
CV_IMAGENDX = :CV_IMAGENDX, CV_FORMAT = :CV_FORMAT,
CV_SIGNAL_OUTPUT = :CV_SIGNAL_OUTPUT, DATE_ADDED = :DATE_ADDED,
ROOT_ID = :ROOT_ID, HIDE = :HIDE, ACCESS_CODE = :ACCESS_CODE,
NEW = 2
WHERE CV_OWNER = :CV_OWNER AND ORIG_CV_ID = :ORIG_CV_ID

Operates on the user's DB, ViewerDB.fdb

---

Posted by: Chuck Belanger <phytotech@...>

http://tracker.ibobjects.com - your portal to submit and monitor bug reports