Subject RE: [IBO] Insert problem/question upgrading from v4.8
Author IBO Support List
Seems to me that this code should work. I'll try and see if I can reproduce
your problem. If possible, I'd appreciate it if you made a little sample app
that isolates this.

Perhaps you can just tweak the regression testing app in the
build\RegressionTest folder?

Thanks!
Jason Wharton
www.ibobjects.com

-----Original Message-----
From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IBObjects@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, February 9, 2015 11:01 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Insert problem/question upgrading from v4.8

Hello,

I am upgrading a program from delphi7, ibo v4.8 to the newest ibo v5.5.5.

I have come across a section of code where a query contains

SELECT *

FROM ORDERSM

WHERE OM_ID = :ID

the Delphi code does the following

qyOrdersM.Insert;

xOM_ID := qyOrdersM.FieldByName('OM_ID').AsInteger;

qyOrdersM.FieldByName('OM_CONSOLIDATED_ID').AsInteger:=xOM_ID;

qyOrdersM.FieldByName('OM_CUS_ID').AsInteger := xKeyCustomer;

qyOrdersM.Post;

qyOrdersM.Edit;

the edit is causing an exception of

"Cannot Edit current Row"

I know that the code was working before the upgrade of IBO.

-------------------------------------

I can fix this by inserting the following 3 lines before the "Edit"

qyOrdersM.Close;

qyOrdersM.ParamByName('ID').AsInteger := xOM_ID;

qyOrdersM.Open;

But is this the best way to handle it?

Are there any other problems I am likely to run into while doing the
conversion?

Thanks

Michael Horne

Posted by: "Michael Horne" <guardian_yahoo@...>