Subject Re: [IBO] Calculating data
Author Marcin Bury
Terry

W dniu 05.09.2014 01:52, tblac@... [IBObjects] pisze:

> Hi, I have asked this question previously and Robert Martin suggested a
> possible solution. See
>

> 47630Re: [IBO] Update summary in TableA based on records in TableB
>

> I wanted to know what are the pros and cons of using other options such
> as Stored Procedures or Calculated fields.
> This must be a common problem. I have several tables. I want to sum the
> field "HOURS" in TableA, add it to the sum of "HOURS" in TableB and put
> it all in TableC
>
> The tables contain only 200 records each so I could use a loop on each
> table and calculate this but the user would have to wait.
>
> Terry

What I would do is creating necessary "AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE" triggers
set on TableA and TableB that after inserting or updating the record in
one of these tables will perform summary calculation and put result in
TableC.

Several years ago I tried approach with calculated fields and the
performance was way low than expected.

My 0.02$
Marcin