Subject Re: [IBO] Sample App
Author Lester Caine
John W. (Jack) Cane wrote:
> To explain further, I placed the alias definition into aliases.conf, but cannot save. I am logged in as administrator but am unable to change read-only property of the containing folder.
>
> I have Firebird _2_5.

Security on Linux can be a little strange at times. Personally I just log in via
ssh as 'root' on the server and can then edit any file but this can be a
different depending on your version of Linux. Some don't enable it by default.

CreateAliasDB.sh is in the 'utils' directory under firebird and I think you have to
sudo /usr/lib64/firebird/utils/CreateAliasDB.sh alias path/to/database/alias.fdb
Assuming that is where firebird has been installed ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL