Subject RE: [IBO] Change pri key data type to auto increment
Author IBO Support List
You may need to temporarily drop (inactivate) triggers and create a
temporary column for that and put the values in there and then drop that
column and add it back in and then copy over the values and then drop the
temporary column and reactivate the triggers.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IBObjects@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of jwcane2003
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 1:37 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Change pri key data type to auto increment

I created my tables without specifying automatic numbering (incrementing) of
key fields (type integer). I now want to go back and fix that. Here is what
I am using in IB_SQL:

alter table units alter column kunit auto_number primary key

IB does not like the data type. Literature refers to autonumber and
auto_increment. Those don't work either.

How is this done?