Subject RE: [IBO] Re: Does anyone know why FB freezes with IBO access?
Author IBO Support List
Pedro,

Will you please get Build 46 and test it and let me know what happens?

Not everyone is getting blob_id errors and unfortunately I am one of them.
There is something unique about this that we need to figure out so that I
can reproduce this problem and make certain that it is addressed once and
for all. I may already have addressed it, but because I could never
reproduce this error I can't say for sure that it has been fixed.

Thanks for your help in clearing up this matter.

PS. Sorry for all of the trouble you experienced due to this.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IBObjects@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of pb.software
Sent: 15 March 2012 09:55 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Re: Does anyone know why FB freezes with IBO access?

This is due to the fact that the IBO implementation at this moment of Blob
field handling is totally shot. That same error you are experiencing gave me
nightmares whith all sort of errors for weeks, including the same one you
are showing and constanly invalid blob id errors all over the spectrum at
different times with no particular pattern. Everything was working fine
until changes to the blob implementation where made not too long ago.

Solution is use another component for blob handling until this is fixed
sometime in the future, if it is fixed, or do as I did go back to previous
versions of the component. Read the Read Me File and search for the word
Blob until you see the version that Jason made apparently some big
modifications to blob handling, and use any version before that and the
problem will go away.

Regards,
Pedro

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Belanger <phytotech@...> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Below is a madExcept log of an error that happens regularly with my user
> base, especially in 64 bit Windows 7 although this error is in 32 bit XP.
>
> This is a specific example, but it can be almost any dataset anywhere in
> the program. With these DB queries occurring hundreds of times during a
> user session (used in patient setting by alternative medicine
> practitioners), any particular user may only experience this 1x per week.
>
> The app is compiled in Delphi 2007 and uses IBO 4.8.7
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chuck Belanger
>

> exec. date/time : 2012-02-09 13:17
> version : 2.2.0.243
> compiled with : Delphi 2006/07
> madExcept version : 3.0h
> callstack crc : $f10f1be3, $42a7c0f5, $6400394b
> exception number : 1
> exception message : The application seems to be frozen.
>
> main thread ($14e8):
> 7c90df58 +00a ntdll.dll
NtWaitForSingleObject
> 7c8025d5 +085 kernel32.dll
WaitForSingleObjectEx
> 7c80253d +00d kernel32.dll WaitForSingleObject
> 0560cfc5 +095 fbclient.dll isc_get_segment
> 005936db +02b ProfViewer.exe IB_Session 1965 +1 GetSegment
> 0059393b +1bf ProfViewer.exe IB_Session 2070 +78
> TIB_SessionBase.SysGetBlobData
> 00593ce0 +030 ProfViewer.exe IB_Session 2460 +4
> TIB_SessionBase.GetBlobData
> 005b5611 +091 ProfViewer.exe IB_Components 21159 +6
> TIB_Statement.GetBlobNodeData
> 005a4cbd +1dd ProfViewer.exe IB_Components 12615 +49
> TIB_BlobStream.Initialize
> 005a49fe +072 ProfViewer.exe IB_Components 12538 +8
TIB_BlobStream.Create
> 00614a35 +1cd ProfViewer.exe IBODataset 2424 +33
TIBOBlobStream.Create