Subject Re: IBO Version 4.9 Release 14 [Build 12] and Delphi2010
Author bamberger_monjaude
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, "Support List" <supportlist@...> wrote:

> > i'am testing Version 4.9 Release 14 [Build 12] in Delphi2010.
> >
> > If the property FieldEntryTypes in the TIB_MainConnection is set to
> > [fetSQLType] the
> >
> > function TIB_Column.GetSQLType: smallint;
> > begin
> > Result := FPXSQLVAR.SQLtype;
> > end;
> >
> > crashes with an access violation.
>
> Under what circumstances does the crash occur?
>
> Will you please send me a sample app to work with?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

Hallo Jason,

I was getting that error in one of your applications, ib_sql. If you set the property FieldEntryTypes to [fetSQLType] and than connect to a Database (in my case it's a FireBird 2.1.3 CharSet 'ISO8859_1').
The access violation occurs, when I click on the browse button on the utilitybar.

Hope that helps:-)

regards