Subject Re: [IBO] Re: Generator not incrementing
Author Lester Caine
Lester Caine wrote:
> Ed Dressel wrote:
>>> FB 1.56 embedded, IBO 4.9.9
>> I'm at a bit of a loss trying to understand how there is no response or comments about this.
>> Is it not seen as critical? I perceive it to be (am I wrong?)--it's a real problem for my application/users.
>> I would appreciate any input/suggestions.
>
> I've never seen it myself ...
> To be honest I can't understand how you are managing to do it. Once I've
> incremented a generator it's incremented, but I never use 'embedded' since I'm
> normally running remotely into the server.

Actually Ed ... is the database set to 'Forced Write = on' ? You WOULD get this
problem if windows did not write the information to the disk! I used to have a
problem with data going missing on one site. It would work perfectly during the
day, but next day all the data was missing. Eventually we hard wired the mains
supply! The cleaner would just pull out the nearest plug to the corner without
reading the 'Do Not Switch Off' label ... because it was easier than using the
socket she was supposed to be using :) This was supposed to be writing to disk,
but until the application was closed properly nothing was hitting the disk. Not
seen THAT particular problem for over ten years though :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL