Subject RE: [IBO] Basic question about inserting using TIBOTable
Author Dmitry Beloshistov
Hi!

1) Before insert trigger must be defined for table for generate unique ID for each row

2) Turn OFF CheckRequired property in TIBOTable and TIBOQuery.

WBR, Dmitry Beloshistov AKA [-=BDS=-]

From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IBObjects@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jacobhavkrog
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:18 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Basic question about inserting using TIBOTable

Hi - here is another basic question from my migration from BDE to Firebird using IBO

In my app I often use this function to get a table:

function NewTable(const ATableName: string): TIBOTable;
begin
Result := TIBOTable.Create(nil);
with Result do begin
Name := ATableName + 'Table' + IntToStr(n); Inc(n);
DatabaseName := DsaDbName;
TableName := ATableName
end
end;

like in this example:

with NewTable('CenSub') do try
Open;
Insert;
FieldByName('GroupNo').AsInteger := 1;
FieldByName('SubSubNo').AsInteger := 2;
Post;
Close
finally
Free
end;

My problem is that I get an error saying, that the primary key field of the CenSub table must have a value. The field is an autoinc field, so I'd expect it to get a value automatically.

Whats the right way to do this in the IBO world?

Thanks,
Jacob :-)

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5859 (20110209) __________

http://www.esetnod32.ru/.ml