Subject Re: [IBO] development
Author Geoff Worboys
Hans wrote:
[...]
> It sure looks like your 'Experimental Improvements' could be
> quite an asset to IBOjects :)

> Would love to try them out in my tests.

The only performance improvement I expect my changes to make is
to prepare times... that should only be important to data
transfers if there is:
. a large number of tables with a (relatively) small number
of rows
and/or
. tables with a large number of fields and a (relatively)
small number of rows

Note too that my tests did not include blobs, they can certainly
slow things down - but should slow down FIBPlus too... but this
is another area where I have not done direct comparison.

Can you try the two command line apps I posted against one or
more of the tables in your transfer? It would be interesting
to see how your numbers compare to what I was getting (prepare
times etc).

--
Geoff Worboys
Telesis Computing