Subject RE: [IBO] Firebird 2.x support for D2007
Author Kevin Stanton
Hey Ed,

I'm not sure about the IBO portion of it, but FB 2.x did have an ODS change
which requires a backup/restore. From IBPhoenix:

New ODS Number

Firebird 2.0 creates databases with an ODS (On-Disk Structure) version of
11.

Cheers,

Kevin

_____

From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IBObjects@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of eddressel
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 8:18 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Firebird 2.x support for D2007

After buying my business, I do not pay as much attention to the community as
I once did.

What is the status of FB 2.x support for IBO? Which version is required?

And while I am asking... assuming I move from 1.5 to 2.x, do I have to
backup and restore the current database or will 2.x work with a 1.5 database
just fine?

Thanks,

Ed Dressel