Subject Re: [IBO] IBOAdmin ..SYSDBA required for Backup
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:21 PM 2/10/2009, you wrote:
>Hi, I cannot get IBOAdmin to make a backup, if the user is not logged on as SYSDBA.
>
>I need to allow users to create backups from within my software, but without administrator rights.
>
>Is there a way that I can do this.

No - unless you revert to a version of Firebird that doesn't enforce the rules. They are enforced in Fb 1.5.6, 2.0.5 and 2.1.3 - and in 2.5, of course.

>They make backups on a daily basis, and currently it requires an admin login and this is not desireable.

You should be deploying databases with a non-SYSDBA user as Owner. The Owner user can backup and restore databases. Thomas Steinmaurer has a tool for migrating the ownership of a database..."DbOwnerMigrator" or something along those lines - www.upscene.com - I think it is free.

Helen