Subject Re: [IBO] Hello and a question
Author Aage Johansen
nosix06 wrote:
> Hello Helen thank you for the reply and I have looked over the blob
> example in the Files section for the group and while it does explain
> how to show the images from the database once they are there it really
> doesn't show how to insert them there in the first place so what I
> need to know now is how do I insert the images, text, ... in the first
> place.

(Untested:)
Start with an (insert) query in a TIB_DSQL component:
insert into PICTS (ID, ..., PICTBLOB)
values (:ID, ..., :PICTBLOB)
Prepare it, and set the parameters. For your picture you can e.g.
load it from a file:
dsqlPICT.ParamByName('PICTBLOB').LoadFromFile(SomeFilename);
dsqlPICT.ExecSQL;
You can also load it from a MemoryStream if you so wish.

--
Aage J.