Subject [IBO] Re: SQL-dialect 3 instead of 1?
Author guido.maucher
Hello Helen,
I checked my .dfm before. There had been dialect 3 settings which I
changed to dialect 1. Now all settings I found (2x) are dialect 1.
As as I wrote to Alan:
____________
ok, it looks as the problem is only my problem. What is the problem:
I made a test with dialect 3 to see what will be the problems using
this dialect. One of my SQL-statements failed with:
Dynamic SQL Error
SQL error code = -804
Count of read-write columns does not equal count of values

Our database software project is on a server in the network.
Compiled with a computer having IBO beta 11, copied the executable to
my pc the application works fine.
But compiling the same sources on the net with my computer - now with
build 16 - I'm getting the error written above. Same as during the
tests with dialect 3, therefore the assumption it might be a dialect
problem...
______________
So the same sources (*.pas and *.dfm) compiled on computers with
different IBO versions show different effects.

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...> wrote:

> Guido,
>
> At 08:33 AM 11/02/2007, you wrote:
> >Hello Helen,
> >
> >thanks for the hint and link with the build16. I only looked for new
> >versions on www.ibobjects.com and on the trustware versions
download page.
> >But even with the build 16 the problem remains :-(
>
> If you are certain that the database is dialect 1, then the next
> thing to check would be whether you have an artifact in the Params of
> your connection that might be forcing dialect 3. Also check in your
DFM.

> Borland changed the way defaults were treated at around Delphi 6 or
> 7;
We are still using Delphi5.
> and Jason has only recently changed the default value for
> SQLDialect to be 3 instead of 1.
Maybe after beta 11? ;-)

Do you have another idea what I should check...
Thanks
Guido