Subject Re: [IBO] IB_Datapump
Author e.mussmann
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...> wrote:

> At 09:19 PM 29/10/2007, you wrote:
> >Hi
> >I use firebird 1.5 db and the datapump from IBObjects 4_6_Bc to
copy
> >records from one db to another. These db's are quite big, but
running
> >according to specs on some pc's (running anything from 10 minutes
> >an hours, according to the specs of the pc). However, on other
pc's
> >(with bigger cpu and memory even) it takes about 36 hours to
> >complete. It appears to be hanging most of the time. Pc is on
idle
> >99%, but no records gets moved. Any ideas on what could be
> >influencing the performance of this datapump?
>
> Nope.
>
> Show us the SQL for the SrcDataset and DstStatement properties and
also how you are handling the DstLinks and any event handling...

> Helen

I have the following components:

SrcDatabase: TIB_Database;
DestDatabase: TIB_Database;
SrcCursor: TIB_Cursor;
DestDSQL: TIB_DSQL;
DataPump: TIB_DataPump;

SrcCursor.IBConnection is set to SrcDataBase
DestDSQL.IBConnection is set to DestDataBase

DataPump.SrcDataSet is set to SrcCursor
DataPump.DstStatement is set to DestDSQL

SrcCursor SQL added
SELECT DATETIME, SMSSOURCE,SMSNAME, SMSADDRESS, SMSID,
SMSREP,SMSDEST, CELLNO, CELLMSG FROM OUTMESSAGES WHERE DATETIME
>= :FROMDATE AND DATETIME <= :TODATE

DestDSQL SQL added
INSERT INTO OUTMESSAGES (DATETIME, SMSSOURCE, SMSNAME, SMSADDRESS,
SMSID, SMSREP,SMSDEST, CELLNO, CELLMSG, IPADDRESS) VALUES
(:DATETIME, :SMSSOURCE, :SMSNAME, :SMSADDRESS, :SMSID, :SMSREP, :SMSD
EST, :CELLNO, :CELLMSG, :IPADDRESS)

The only event handling is the DataPump.OnError event that I just
log to a file.

I have nothing in DstLinks