Subject Re: [IBO] SQL-cursor (icon)
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:34 PM 16/10/2007, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>our application is being transformed from BDE to IBObjects. All seems
>to go perfect, one little question however:
>
>while starting the application, several parameters are being read (in
>some tables in the database) and the cursor on screen "flashes" on/off
>SQL. No error, but is there a possibility to hide this at the
>startup-fase ? Some users might think that the application is having
>some trouble ?
>
>I checked out the IB_Connection-properties but can't seem to find any
>way to hide this cursor (temporarily).
>
>Any ideas or suggestions ?

The screen cursor is under the control of the IB_Session. In your
app, you can access the session's properties by dropping in an
IB_SessionProps. Read through the help for both of these components
to see how you can fiddle around with the various properties and
behaviours of the screen cursor.

Helen