Subject Re: [IBO] Services API components for FB 2.0
Author Tom Munro Glass
On Wed, 03 Oct 2007, Alan McDonald wrote:
> > Are there any components for working with the FB 2.0 services
> > API? I have the
> > IBOAdmin components but they only seem to support FB 1.5, or is
> > there a new
> > version available somewhere?
> >
> > I need to be able to create/modify some predefined user accounts BEFORE
> > creating the application's database (for new installations). With
> > FB 1.5 I
> > did this by connecting to security.fdb first to setup the
> > accounts. With FB
> > 2.0 I can't do this, so I assume I need to use the services API for this.
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions.
> >
> > Tom
>
> the IBOAdmin components work fine for me with FB2 (all builds). What's your
> issue with them?
> Alan

I haven't used them before Alan so I may be doing things wrong. To start with
I want to use TIBOSecurityService to set up my user accounts, but I don't
have any documentation to tell me how to make Attach work. I've set the
username/password properties of the component but it's not logging on. Can
you point me at any samples to show how to use this?

Tom