Subject Re: [IBO] Re: IBO 4.6Bc
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:41 AM 5/08/2006, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
> > Meanwhile, as long as you are not selecting *both* the foreign key
> > field and the linking primary key field, you *can* work around it by
> > specifying the keylinks fields *without* table qualifiers. This is
> > also what KeyLinksAutoDefine is doing and it's wrong. It's not a
> > viable permanent solution, as it will cause ambiguity once GetByName
> > is fixed.
>
>You should not use keylinks without table qualifiers.

That's correct - if KeyLinks in the IBO 4.6Bc were not broken.

>If you do so, the locate-method does not work correctly.
>See my messages from 9.5 - 11.5.2006: "Problem with Locate and Join"

And that's one of several reasons why it is urgent for Jason to fix
the logic of GetByName, or whatever lies behind its current
misbehaviour. The KeyLinks provide information for just about
everything you want to do with a dataset.

Helen