Subject RE: [IBO] Installing IBO4.5
Author Jack Cane, Ph. D.
OK, followed all of this and completed successfully except for following:

ibo40vdt_d6.bpl did not install (could not find ibo40vrt_d6.bpl).
Ditto for ..fdt .., ..edt...

I still do not see the IBOtDataSet tab, and many others present in the IDE
of my old machine.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IBObjects@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Helen Borrie
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 10:35 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [IBO] Installing IBO4.5

At 11:44 AM 17/06/2006, you wrote:
>I have D6 Professional. To my knowledge, the packages you referred to have
>not been a problem in the past. But, if I don't need them, I can just omit
>them.

Yes, I forgot that Borland renamed the Standard edition to
Professional in D6. To confirm, you *will* need to remove the
TDataset and Web packages from the BPG file as D6 Pro edition does
not support them. Look for all DPK files that have "W" or "X" in their
names.

OK, since you are registered, I'm assuming you have the
"...RawSource..." kit. We'll work with this to avoid any pain from
Win Installer problems that are due to your not having the Enterprise
edition. (I don't have any means to test the Win Installer in that
environment)

Do a complete cleanup before you attempt the reinstall:

1) Open Delphi and go to Components|Install packages
2) Select and click Remove on each IBO package in the list
3) Click OK
4) Open Tools|Environment Options and make sure that all of the
paths where you plan to put IBO things are in the library list -
don't forget ($DELPHI)\Projects\BPL
4) Close Delphi - this matters, because D6 is rather naughty about
updating the installed package list

If you ran the Win Installer at any point, go to Control
Panel|Add/Remove Programs and "uninstall" IBO. (This is a
do-nothing, but it does clean out the record from the Windows MSI
database to avoid problems, should you need to do an
installer-install at some time in the future)

Next, clean up the previous stuff:

1) Search and destroy all BPL and DCP files with "IBO" in
them. Don't overlook the system directory...
2) Delete your IBO root directory
3) Recreate your IBO root directory, making sure to create it so
that it has the same path as you have included in the library path entries.
4) Do check that the sub-directory Projects\BPL *does* exist in your
Delphi 6 tree. ..\Projects is probably there, but BPL may not be.

Next, unzip the RawSource kit into your newly-recreated IBO root
directory. I do not recommend using a network location for this - I
have never known it to work having component artifacts in a drive
that is not local to the machine where Delphi is. I should also
point out that an IBO licence is specific to one developer!

Restart Delphi and open the BPG file in your IBO root. Edit it to
remove all IBO packages with "W" or "X" in their names - note that
some have both.

Next, right-click on the first package in the list (IBO40CRT_D6) and open
it.

Next, in the toolbar, select Project|Build All Projects and let it
run until it has finished.

Finally, go to the first design-time package in the project list
(IBO40CDT_D6) and, starting there, right-click on each DT listing in
turn and select Install from the context menu.

hth

Helen