Subject RE: [IBO] Having problems with syntax for IB_Query.Locate on multiple fields
Author lgauton
I've had locate fail on numerous occasions even when locating on single
fields - cured by issuing a first before the locate

-----Original Message-----
From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IBObjects@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Adrian Wreyford
Sent: 14 June 2006 17:49
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Having problems with syntax for IB_Query.Locate on multiple
fields

Dear List

I have a table TEST with key field composed of two fields: identity and
surname.

I test if the record allready exists before inserting a new record.

I use:

IB_Query.Locate('IDENTITY;SURNAME','1004;FREEZER',[]) then

Edit ..

Else

Insert ..

The record 1004,freezer exists, but the locate does not locate it, and then
when inserting I get obviusly expected error violation of PK.

I know it has something to do with my locate syntax on multiple fields ..
first time I'm trying it on a compound PK.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Adrian