Subject RE: [IBO] Insert BLOB Text
Author Roger Vellacott
FieldByName(''MY_BLOB_FIELD').AsString = SomeText seems to work for me,
for all types of IBO query component, Insert or Update, TDataset or
otherwise.

Roger Vellacott
Passfield Data Systems Ltd

-----Original Message-----
From: Helen Borrie [mailto:helebor@...]
Sent: 17 November 2006 08:41
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] Insert BLOB Text

At 07:17 PM 17/11/2006, you wrote:

>I have an INSERT statement in a IBO Cursor. Using a parameter, I want
>to assign text to BLOB field. However, when I execute the statement
>the text doesn't end up in the BLOB. What could be wrong?

Even though a text blob *stores* text, its data type is not string
but blob. So, if you parameterise a blob column, the data you assign
to it must be a blob! Because you are using the TDataset-compatible
stuff, follow through the examples in the Delphi help on blobstreams
(TBlobstream and the various methods and examples).

Helen