Subject Re: [IBO] FB 1.0 to 1.5 and OldParameterOrdering
Author jimbehr3446
Helen, thanks for your extensive advice. I did some more digging and
see that around October of 2003 you tried to get the FB developers to
make the parameter ordering a connection dependent setting. I'm sorry
they did not listen to you because mine is just the kind of problem
you were trying to prevent.

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> At 05:57 PM 1/09/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >Will the newer releases, using IBO 4.3Aa and 4.5B,
> >have any difficulties with OldParameterOrdering set to 1?
>
> Yes.

It appears from Jason's messages and from the IBO source code that IBO
attempts to dymamically determine the parameter ordering. If this is
so, and is working properly then shouldn't I be able to set the
OldParameterOrdering to 1 on the server and have all versions of my
program work correctly?

I recognize that this would not be the preferred method since any
non-IBO programs may have problems with the non-standard ordering. I
looked through our old source code and don't see any instance where we
use IBO to get more than 1 parameter back from an "Execute Procedure".
So does that mean we don't even need to worry about the parameter
ordering and can just use FB 1.5 with OldParameterOrdering commented out?