Subject Re: [IBO] IBO problem - process fastening
Author Lester Caine
Norbert Nemeth wrote:

> I have 3 tables:
> 1. tblQuesGroup (QSG_ID INTEGER [PK, triggered],
> QSG_NAME VARCHAR(40))
> 2. tblQuestions (QST_ID INTEGER [PK, triggered],
> QSG_ID INTEGER [FK],
> QST_NAME VARCHAR(500))
> 3. tblForm (FRM_ID [PK, triggered],
> QST_ID INTEGER [FK],
> FRM_POINTS SMALLINT [CHECK ... BETWEEN 1 AND 7])
>
> When I post a record in the questionary, I have to offer the tblQuesGroup
> and tblQuestions tables in treeview to the user.
> If the user answered the questions, I could commit the records in the database.
> I think I can do this work only with some kind of TreeView and
> a MemoryTable component. I try to solve the problem with
> TIB_xxx (IBO) components.

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do - which makes helping
difficult. Something like

QSG_NAME
QST_NAME, FRM_ID
QST_NAME, FRM_ID
QST_NAME, FRM_ID
QST_NAME, FRM_ID
QSG_NAME
QST_NAME, FRM_ID
QST_NAME, FRM_ID

> Can somebody help me and write down the solution step by step
> that the process is getting faster from the user's point of view?

There is an IB_TreeView in the AddOn directory, but I have not used it
myself. I tend to use a simple grid and some extra fields in the tables
which show which section is open and closed, and the current set of
'answers' for each user. There is a table which has a set of records for
each user, and these records show which group is showing, and which
question has been answered.
From the 'answers' table you select all the 'visible' questions, and
make your tree in the grid, with check boxes to open and close a group
(this has an 'extra' question in the user table).
So the tables you list are just used to provide text for the grid ( add
a language flag on each table and you get translated versions just by
changing one parameter ;) )

Hope this helps, but fell free to ask more questions!

--
Lester Caine