Subject Re: [IBO] :PARAM inside function call not working!
Author Robert Osowiecki
Helen Borrie wrote:

>At 03:06 PM 9/06/2005 +0200, you wrote:
>

>>>My quick tests indicates that UDF parameters that are declared using
>>>CSTRING will generate the error that you are seeing, but I haven't
>>>taken the time to test with using VARCHAR.
>>>
>>>Is the UDF parameter declared using CSTRING? If yes, try declaring it
>>>using VARCHAR instead, just to see what happens.
>>>

>>How do you do that in C++? I suppose the function has to accept other
>>type than char*...
>>Do you know of any manual?
>>

>There is a paper on writing UDFs with descriptors here:
>
>http://www.cvalde.net/document/using_descriptors_with_udfs.htm
>
>Helen

Before I got this mail (thanks anyway) i tested something. In the SQL:

DECLARE EXTERNAL FUNCTION PCRE_SIMILAR CSTRING(255), CSTRING(255)
RETURNS INT ENTRY_POINT 'ibpcre_similar' MODULE_NAME 'ibpcre';

i replaced CSTRING with VARCHAR and suddenly everithing went OK!

Was that supposed to work? Am I not violating some rules?

R.