Subject Re: [IBO] :PARAM inside function call not working!
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At June 8, 2005, 10:03, Helen Borrie wrote:
> Well, as far as I can tell, it is *not* possible to fool the engine that
> your parameter could be something it knows about. You can pass either
> constants or expressions that resolve as constants to UDFs. An expression
> with an unknown "something" in it is neither of these things.

What I was able to find out is that the error only occurs when the
parameter is of type CSTRING. Any other type works. So, my guess is
that it's a bug in Firebird. CSTRING should resolve to either VARCHAR
or CHAR. I didn't check to see what happens if the UDF's CSTRING
parameters are declared using CHAR or VARCHAR instead.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail