Subject Re: [IBO] Blobs not loaded in IBO application
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:18 AM 18/05/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>Thanx Helen, but i still with my problem...
>
>I'd found that when i'm accesing to this field with IBO the wizard of
>the "Edit Query" option says:
>"*** blr version 38401228 is not supported ***"
>
>My Database is using SQL Dialect 3 and this is the metadata of my table:
>
>CREATE TABLE "ObrasCulturales" (
> "Obr_Clave" INTEGER NOT NULL,
> "Obr_FormadeIngreso" INTEGER,
> "Obr_Foto" BLOB sub_type 2 segment size 1);
>
>As you can see this is the way i'm defining my blob field and works
>perfectly with IBX... why i'm experiencing this problem?

Blob sub_type 2 is a system blob type that stores BLR (a kind of "pcode"
that the db engine uses to precompile database objects). Segment size 1
isn't valid; but that shouldn't matter, since it is ignored by Firebird,
anyway.

I don't know why it seems to work in IBX. Maybe IBX has some editor built
in that can make sense of BLR - who knows? Why do you need it?

Helen