Subject Re: [IBO] Firebird 1.5.2 Crashes on Windows 2003
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:29 AM 2/05/2005 -0300, you wrote:
>Hi!
>When I try to open an application that tries to open a database on
>an FB Server running on a Windows 2003 Server O.S.
>When my applicaiton hits the "TIB_Connection.open" the application never
>finishes executing the
>statement and the Firebird service crashes. And what more I canĀ“t even
>shut down and restart the service.
>Instead I've to shut down and restart the Win2003 Server.
>
>I' ve the following setup:
>- Delphi 5 and IBX 4.2 application

IBX or IBO?

>- Firebird 1.5.2 SuperServer (CPUAffinity = 1, Protocol TCP/IP)
>- Windows 2003 Server Standart (Two proccesors)

By default, Win 2003 doesn't open any ports in the firewall. Open at least
port 3050 and, if you are using events, open at least one more. You can
open a specific port, e.g. 30050, and configure RemoteAuxPort = 30050 in
firebird.conf.

There is an issue for using Firebird 1.5 with very old IBO versions. If
you are using IBO 4.2.-something, make sure to configure the server with
OldParameterOrdering = 1.

Helen