Subject Re: [IBO] Re: IB_Components automatically calls fbclient.dll
Author Mark Pickersgill
Shaq,
as per my previous post on this subject:

Re: [IBO] Client library mystery (rewritten)

To force your app to use the fbclient.dll in your application's path,
create an empty file of the same name as the exe, with a .local
extension. eg:
MyApp.exe
MyApp.exe.local

From memory, win2k+ may not look at the local application path first to
load libraries...it has some other weird and wonderous path it takes
(particularly if the dll is setup as a shared DLL).
Reference:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsetup/html/dlldanger1.asp
http://home.att.net/~raffles1/dll_loading_rules_in_win32.htm

cheers