Subject Re: [IBO] Find out Firebird Server-Version withour database-file
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:57 PM 12/04/2005 +0100, you wrote:

>Josef Gschwendtner wrote:
>
> > so the question is how do I now where security.fdb is stored (in
> > different installations).
>
>I would probably start in the registry
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
>->SOFTWARE
>->Firebird Project
>->Firebird Server
>->Instances
>That will at least tell you that Firebird *IS* installed and what
>directory it is in.
>( I am right on this Helen? It works on my machines )

It would only work on a stand-alone installation, though. A remote client
can't query the Registry of a foreign host, can it?

Doesn't one of the service components return the server version string? I
can't test it at the moment due to all my Delphi's being in an ugly mess
because of testing installer kits.

Josef, could you install the IBOAdmin components and check for
yourself? The best candidate would be TIB_ConnectionInfo, which has these
properties:

property ODSMajorVersion: LongInt read GetODSMajorVersion;
property PageSize: LongInt read GetPageSize;
property Version: String read GetVersion;

Helen