Subject Re: [IBO] Problem with TIBOQuery
Author Hans
Hello Helen,

Did some more digging and found out that

IB_Componets->function TIB_Dataset.SysGetCursorRecordCount: longint;

already converts a RecordCount call for

'select * from table where such = true'
'select count(*) from table where such = true'

at IB_Components->MakeCountSQL( ServerSQL, CountSQL );

and uses this modified select to get the proper count as fast as possible :)

This conversion is done in IB_Parse->MakeCountSQL

Elas, in the case of a 'select * from table union select * from table2' it
converts it to

'select count(*) from table1 union select * from table2' , which of course
results

in that at first rather obscure parameter count mismatch error.

By simply adding the following two statements before the last statement of
this routine

ep := getLitSafeStrPos( 'UNION', AnsiUpperCase( CountSQL ), 1 );
if ep > 1 then CountSQL := Copy(CountSQL,1,ep-1);

CountSQL := Trim( CountSQL );

RecordCount now only returns the count of the record of the first select and
doesn't
raise an exception.

However, I think with a little more work IB_Componets->function
TIB_Dataset.SysGetCursorRecordCount can be altered to split and
summerize the count(*) of the various unionized selects and thus returns
a momentarily correct RecordCount across all unions

What do you think ?

Best Regards
Hans