Subject Re: [IBO] ID Generator
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:36 AM 24/11/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>I have created a generator for the ID column of my table Employee.
>How do I do to the generator to make it get the latest number to
>insert into the table. Use trigger? How to define the trigger ?
>
>Case 1: use table new record
>Case 2: use query insert statement.

See http://firebird.sourceforge.net/index.php?op=faq#q0011.dat

If you want to know how to utilise generators with IBObjects, look up the
GeneratorLinks property (of TIB_Dataset and TIB_Connection) and the Gen_ID
function of both these classes.

If you want to continue asking general Firebird/InterBase questions, please
use the firebird-support list. This list is for IB OBjects...

Helen