Subject Re: [IBO] how to use a StoredProc as EditSql Replacement
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:11 PM 23/11/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>How can I use a StoredProcedure in EditSql or as a replacement for
>EditSql?
>
>like PhoneUpdate(:idMaster, :idPhone1, Phone1)

EXECUTE PROCEDURE PhoneUpdate(:idMaster, :idPhone1, :Phone1), assuming
'idMaster', 'idPhone1' and 'Phone1' are all fieldnames in the Fields[]
array of the dataset.

Note that, although these are params of the EditSQL statement, they are
*not* params of the dataset. If you have to apply values to the EditSQL
statement's params directly because the argument names of the EditSQL
statement don't match the Fieldnames of the dataset, then don't use the
EditSQL. Instead, set RequestLive False, put the statement into a separate
ib_dsql and handle the parameter values in the BeforeExecute event of that
ib_dsql.

Helen