Subject Re: [IBO] Dates in TIBOQuery vs. PrepareSQL
Author Tony Masefield
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, "Alan McDonald" <alan@m...> wrote:

> > Hi All,
> >
> > Somewhat confused. If I enter:
> >
> > Where (Reading_Time > (Cast('2005/10/05' As Date)))
> >
> > into a TIBO Query then I get the anticipated result.
> >
> > However if I add:
> >
> > SQLWhereItems.Add('(Reading_Time > (Cast('2005/10/05' As
Date)))');

> try
> SQLWhereItems.Add('(Reading_Time > (Cast(''2005/10/05'' As
Date)))');

Thanks for the reply Alan.
Have tried your suggestion. The program compiles and starts running
but then get the message "Column Unknown 2005/10/05" from IBO.
Any more suggestions?
Suppose I should add that the Reading_Time field is a Timestamp but
read somewhere that the Date/Timestamp conversions are "OK" so doubt
that is the problem (anyway it runs in the SQL for the query OK).

> > to the same query OnPrepareSQL I get the message:
> >
> > [Error] DM_Unit.pas(74): Incompatible types: 'String'
and 'Extended'