Subject Re: [IBO] Tying down the cursor with TIBO Dataset and D5 Pro
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:30 PM 3/10/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I have a simple DB grid attached to a TIBO Query/TIBO Database. The
>TIBO_DB is set to autocommit.
>The idea is simply that the 'operator' enters rows of data (it's a
>data logging application), hitting the down arrow key to 'scroll' down
>to the next vacant row for the next round of input.
>However, when hitting the down arrow key after filling in a row, the
>cursor jumps back up the grid.
>Any ideas how to stop this happening?

Are you using Autocommit? and/or an ORDER BY clause in your SQL?

What's the CommitAction of the dataset?

>I would have used bookmarks but
>I read somewhere they don't work (at least well? think it was in one
>of JW's 'white papers').

Adding new records to the end of a set should behave like Append (I
think!), unless you have something in your setup that's forcing the dataset
to reorder itself each time you move past EOF. You shouldn't need to resort
to bookmarks in a repetitive data entry task.

>Perhaps I have a setting wrong (quite possible) but also maybe there
>is a trick to it with TIBO (also quite possible).

>Tried using QRY...Last late last night (actually very early morning)
>in AfterPost but encountered an error of an access violation (from
>memory that was the error but it was late).

I don't know what you mean by "tried using QRY in AfterPost". Can you explain?

Helen