Subject Re: [IBO] "News" access to postings back to 2000?
Author melr_la
Dear Helen,

The concern seems to reside in the IBObjects news server rather than
in the news reader.

I use XanaNews, too. This seemed like and odd restriction for a news
reader so I inquired there and received the following (digested)
response from Colin, the author of XanaNews. I separate the quote
with horizontal lines to make it easier to read. Colin was able to
find, of all things, a "TIBOQuery Invalid custom DML column
referenced" error in message retrieval!

This is a telnet session I did in the server...

200 news.atkin.com InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.3.3 ready (posting
ok).
group egroups.ibobjects
211 4752 25619 30370 egroups.ibobjects

^ Response indicates that there are 4752 messages available and
message
no 25719 is the earliest

head 25619
221 25619 <BAY2-F16MWvDZURLl7d000085e7@...> head