Subject Re: [IBO] Move table from one database to another
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:31 AM 25/09/2004 +0000, you wrote:

>I have "table A" in both database A and B. I've made some changes to
>Table A's structure and data that I want to move into database B
>overwriting table A there. Is anyone aware of a utility that makes
>this easy?

One database can't "do" something to another database. However, you could
easily use ib_sql for this, by

1) dropping table A from database B and committing;
2) running a metadata script over database B to recreate table A with the
new metadata and committing;
then
3) using the Data Pump tool to pump the data from database A to database B.

Use a simple SELECT statement on the source db and a simple parameterised
insert statement on the target db. In the middle you have a form where you
map the source columns to the target columns. It couldn't be easier.

Note that if the old table has other things dependent on it, you will have
to take care of these before you start.

Helen