Subject RE: [IBO] field value after an insert that is not part of the insert
Author Jason Wharton
It is possible to use a stored procedure instead of an INSERT statement.
Have the stored procedure do the insert as well as return the values of
interest to you. IBO knows how to pick up those values and put them in the
buffer automatically. I've requested the SQL enhancement of having a
RETURNING_VALUES clause to the INSERT statement that would make this built
in and dynamic, perhaps someone could add voice to this in the Firebird
development forums since just me asking hasn't made the case yet...

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Dressel [mailto:Dressel@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 6:09 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] field value after an insert that is not part of the
insert

If I execute a SQL 'insert' how do I get a field's value (generated
in the trigger) after it is inserted? I have the
IB_Connection.GeneratorLink (so I guess I could parse the .Text and
get the ID to include in the SQL)--but is there an easier
(different) way? I have a process that is generic so far and getting
that ID looks like the last stumbeling block.

Ed Dressel