Subject Re: [IBO] TIBOQuery - Insert Issue
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:48 PM 22/09/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm using the latest versions of Firebird and IB Objects with Delphi 7
>and my app works perfectly in Windows XP.
>
>In earlier versions of Windows it almost works fine. The problem is
>that when a user attempts to insert a new record in Windows 98 the
>application closes! In Windows 2000 an access violation in ntdll.dll
>occurs. Again, no problems when running under XP.
>
>Code in "before insert" executes before the error occurs. What might
>cause this?

No answers, only questions.

What is the connection string?
When you say "attempts to insert a new record" what are you talking
about? Does it occur when a dataset goes into Insert mode or when the user
tries to post something? or under some other condition?

Do you have GeneratorLinks set?

What appears in firebird.log when these crashes occur?

In the case of the AV in ntdll.dll, have you checked whether this library
is actually present in the system directory of the Win2K machine? What
service pack level is the Win2K machine on? (Google for ntdll.dll, as I
recall there was a problem with it from one of the service packs).

In the case of the Win98 machine, are you sure that msvcrt.dll and
msvcp60.dll are installed in the windows directory?

In all cases, are you sure that you have the correct gds32.dll installed in
the system directory (windows dir in win98)?

Helen