Subject Re: [IBO] statement Union in a TIBO_Query
Author Lester Caine
Vahan Yoghoudjian wrote:

> I found the source of the problem, the field CODE in the table CLIENTS is
> of type Char(8) while in table Operators is Char(4).
> I converted the CODE fields to Varchar(8) and Varchar(4) and everything
> works fine now
>

> At 06:27 PM 27/08/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>
>>I'm using a TIBO_Query to run the following SQL statement
>>
>>SELECT CODE,NAME FROM CLIENTS
>>
>>UNION
>>
>>SELECT CODE,NAME FROM OPERATORS
>>
>>and I'm getting the following Error Message:

> -
>
>>---
>>ISC ERROR CODE: 335544569
>>ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
>>Dynamic SQL error code = -104
>>Invalid Command
>>Data Type Unkown
>>
>>STATEMENT:
>>TIBOInternalDataset: "DataModuleForm.DModule.QrSearch.
>><TIBOInternalDataSet>."

In order for a UNION to work correctly bot BODE and NAME must be the
same size !!!!
Error is a bit obscure, but the engine is trying to create a match
between an 8 character column and a 4 character column. Do you actually
have any codes in the CLIENTS that are more than 4 characters yet? I
suspect that VARCHAR is just hiding the difference at present, and may
give errors later.

--
Lester Caine