Subject RE: [IBO] Re: Pre-sale questions
Author Helen Borrie
Hey, everyone, this is getting really confused!!

At 12:33 PM 27/08/2004 -0700, Jason wrote:

>Yes, this is correct.
>
>If you have not paid for a version of IBO and I die you are stuck with the
>nag screen.

However, if you have a licensed version (which is what you get when you pay
a subscription) you can keep developing with it and deploying apps made
with it until the world ends --- it will not suddenly start displaying nag
screens, ever.

If you want to get the upgrades, your subscription has to be kept
current. That means, when your initial subscription expires one year from
the date of purchase, you can renew it for about half the original
subscription price. If you don't renew, the only thing that happens is
that you will no longer be able to download files from your download shelf.

>From: Svein Erling Tysvær
>
>The evaluation version displays the nag screen, the licensed version
>does not. Nothing happens when you terminate your subscription, only
>that Jason expects you to stop using IBO for development (if I
>understand things correctly, you may still use or sell your products)
>- hence Trustware.

No, that comment is wrong. The only thing that stops when the subscription
expires is the ability to get the upgrades.

The "trust" part of Trustware behoves you not to make commercial use of the
evaluation version or any source code you haven't paid a subscription
for; or to take the IBO sources, change them (or not) and distribute them
as your own product.

Helen