Subject Re: [IBO] TIB_Query with master link not allowing updates
Author Steve Fields
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Fields"
<stevefields2424@y...> wrote:
> --- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> > At 03:54 PM 25/08/2004 +0000, you wrote:
> > >All,
> > > I have a problem with a query where it will not allow
> > >updates/inserts, etc when the masterkey is defined.
> > >
> > >In the SQL statement I use:
> > >SELECT * FROM INVOLVE
> > >
> > >In the KeyLinks field:
> > >COUNTER
> > >
> > >A generator:
> > >COUNTER=G_INVOLVE
> > >
> > >In the MasterLinks field:
> > >MASTERID=MASTERID
> > >
> > >When I set this up I am unable to get the records to
> > >allow an insert (the set is empty). If I use the SQL
> > >statement:
> > >SELECT * FROM INVOLVE WHERE MASTERID = :MASTERID
> > >it will allow edits, but I am then unable to link it
> > >to the Master set that I need to use.
> > >What am I missing?
> >
> > a) MASTERID in the master set isn't unique, or has nulls?
> Master table is MASTERID, primary key is MasterID, non-null,
> Detail table is INVOLVE, primary key is COUNTER, non-null
> (Detail table has field MASTERID in it, MasterLink'd to
> MASTERID table in MasterLinks as MASTERID=MASTERID with
> the mastersource set to the MASTERID table's source)
>
> > b) Master set is joined and you don't have KeyLinks for it?
> Only Masterlinks set, (KeyLinks only set with the primary key in
> INVOLVE: COUNTER as an integer)
>
> > c) Both?
> Yes
>
> > d) Master set comes from an unkeyed table?
> Both tables are keyed: MASTERID for table MASTERID,
> COUNTER for table INVOLVE
>

> > >IB4.3Aa, XP Pro, TIB_Query/TIB_Datasource/TIB_Connection
> >
> > Now I'm *really* going to bed.
> >
> > Helen

BTW when I select to insert a record it lets me enter information
in all of the fields on my form and uses the correct colors when
using TIB_SessionProps but when I choose to save the record that
is when it gives me 'Too many concurrent executions of the same
request and exceptions out only letting me cancel the insert.

Steve Fields