Subject Re: [IBO] E_Record_Not_Located_For_Update
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:16 PM 2/08/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>What causes the E_Record_Not_Located_For_Update error? It seems to
>occur after entering one record when I try to insert another one.

It happens when the user tries to access another record in the dataset
while a pending inserted or updated row in the control has no values in its
unique key and so the datasource can't update the dataset buffers. The
exact cause depends on the circumstances of the actual case, which you
haven't provided.

Look at your KeyLinks and the associated column(s) - is your application
providing a way to enforce entries to them or to enter the value(s)
automatically (e.g. GeneratorLinks)?

Provide an actual case that we can dissect and analyse.

Helen