Subject RE: [IBO] IBOQuery Prepare
Author Jason Wharton
Just ignore the exception, it is normal and expected/handled.

Jason Wharton

-----Original Message-----
From: Marv cook [mailto:mjcook@...]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 1:55 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [IBO] IBOQuery Prepare

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Wharton [mailto:jwharton@...]
<snip>
Another route would be to use a schema cache file so that instead of
getting the information it needs from the server it will just pull it
out of a local text file. This is a property on the TIBODatabase
component or TIB_Connection component.
</snip>

Certainly speeded it up. Login time went from about 10 seconds to about
2 seconds. Doesn't sound like much, but makes system much more
acceptable to the user.

I am not sure I understand exactly how to use it and the help file was
not too clear.

If I set the IB_Connection.SchemaCacheDir := <Some Directory> it speeds
up the process but I get a exception in the debugger complaining that
the IBO$SCHEMA_VERSION table is not available (which is caught and does
not stop the program from executing) If I use IB_Connection
.schemacache.checkschemaversiontable the table is created and the run
time break stops, unless I execute the Checkschemaversiontable function
again, then I get a break complaining the table is already available.

How are you supposed to use the process?

Thanks for you help.

Marv