Subject RE: [IBO] Access Violation, Error in FPXSQLVAR.aliasname_length
Author jaguarius2003
Hi,

I didn't change the close action at all, and I also tried rebuilding
the form from scratch and it didnt help. Here's the formclose code for
one of the forms thats giving me the trouble :

procedure Tdockeditor.FormClose(Sender: TObject; var Action:
TCloseAction);
begin
if modalresult = mrOk then
begin
try
DataAcc.WorkDocket.Post;
except
raise;
Abort;
end;
end
else
DataAcc.WorkDocket.Cancel;
end;

As you can see, the form never actually closes when there is an
exception. There really isn't much code at all on this form, I don't
believe its anything I put in.

Thanks,

I suspect your form closing has actually initiated the destruction of some
components or controls. If the form is truly closing then posting is
probably something that should already have been resolved. Perhaps you
need
to move some logic around that event, perhaps in a the CloseQuery event of
the form rather than when the form is actually in the process of closing.
What is the CloseAction of the form? If it is caFree then this could
definitely be the cause of the problem.

HTH,
Jason Wharton