Subject Re: [IBO] Access Violation, Error in FPXSQLVAR.aliasname_length
Author jaguarius2003
Hi Jason,

Here is the call stack :

TIB_DataLink.ProcessStatementEvent(???,???)
TIB_FieldDataLink.ProcessStatementEvent(???,???)
TIB_DataSource.ProcessEvent(setFocusControl,4333840)
TIB_Statement.ProcessLinkEvent(setRowHeightChanged,4370048)
TIB_Dataset.ProcessLinkEvent(???,???)
TIB_Column.FocusControl
TIB_Dataset.CheckRequiredFields
TIB_Dataset.SysPost(False,False)
TIB_BDataset.SysPost(???,???)
TIB_Dataset.Post
Tdockeditor.FormClose(???,???)
TMainInterface.AcNewDocketExecute(???)
XXXXXXX

^^^ this line is the name of my program

I am not sure how easy it will be to duplicate. This happens on
approximately 1/2 of my dozen or so queries - the rest of them display the
error normally.

In the case listed above, I got a "cannot focus a disabled or invisible
window" error. Sometimes I get an access violation. If you could offer and
advice it would be great, someone else offered a work around but I would
lose to know the root of the problem.

I am using the IBO 4.3Ab test version ... if that helps.

Thanks,

Jason S. Gagnon