Subject Re: [IBO] IBOAdmin suite
Author Mark Pickersgill
Hi Peter,
Okay, this will allow you to get the following components to
compile/install in Delphi 5. As I said in my last post, I've used the
following tweaks and successfully use the Backup and Restore components.

1 - Edit the IBOAdminConst.pas file and add the line:
{$DEFINE MSWINDOWS}
just after the 'const' section

2 - In IBOServices.pas find the method:
procedure TIBOCustomService.Loaded;
and change the except block to simply read:
except
raise;
end;

3 - Find the two references to:
Assigned(LoginDialogExProc)
and comment out the lines so they read:
// if Assigned(LoginDialogExProc) then
// result := LoginDialogExProc(serverName, Username, Password, false)
// else

4 - Change the IBOAdminReg.pas file to read:
unit IBOAdminReg;

interface

procedure Register;

implementation

{$R IBOAdmin.dcr}

uses
Classes, IBOServices;

procedure Register;
begin
RegisterComponents('iboAdmin',[
TIBOConfigService,
TIBOBackupService,
TIBORestoreService,
TIBOValidationService,
TIBOLicensingService,
TIBOStatisticalService,
TIBOServerProperties,
TIBOSecurityService
]);
end;

end.

5 - Change the IBOAdmin.dpk file to read:

package IBOAdmin;

{$R *.RES}
{$ALIGN ON}
{$ASSERTIONS ON}
{$BOOLEVAL OFF}
{$DEBUGINFO ON}
{$EXTENDEDSYNTAX ON}
{$IMPORTEDDATA ON}
{$IOCHECKS ON}
{$LOCALSYMBOLS ON}
{$LONGSTRINGS ON}
{$OPENSTRINGS ON}
{$OPTIMIZATION ON}
{$OVERFLOWCHECKS OFF}
{$RANGECHECKS OFF}
{$REFERENCEINFO ON}
{$SAFEDIVIDE OFF}
{$STACKFRAMES OFF}
{$TYPEDADDRESS OFF}
{$VARSTRINGCHECKS ON}
{$WRITEABLECONST ON}
{$MINENUMSIZE 1}
{$IMAGEBASE $400000}
{$DESCRIPTION 'IBO Interbase Administration Components'}
{$IMPLICITBUILD OFF}
{$DEFINE fb15}
{$DEFINE MSWINDOWS}

requires
vcl50,
Vclx50,
Vcldb50,
IBO40CRT_D5;

contains
IBOServices in 'IBOServices.pas',
IBOAdminReg in 'IBOAdminReg.pas',
IBOAdminConst in 'IBOAdminConst.pas';

end.

If this doesn't work straight off, then try creating a copy of
IBOAdminReg.pas as IBOAdminReg2.pas and also make a copy of IBOAdmin.*
files to IBOAdmin2.* and make the mods to those files, changing
necessary references.

No garuntees, but the changes aren't huge and I haven't had a problem
with it.

cheers
Mark