Subject Re: [IBO] Behaviour of TIB_UpdateBar
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:45 PM 25/05/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello Salavatore,
>
> > All of this works fine and I can update the three fields, but I
> > detect the erratic behaviour of the UpdateBar. The Update button is
> > always enabled, even when it should not, that's to say when I have
> > already clicked it and I am already in edit mode.
>
>That the Update button always stays enabled is the standard behaviour.
>Myself I can click it repeatedly without problem - nothing happens, I
>just stay in Edit mode. I don't get the error you reported
>(Transaction already started).

That's strange. I use the focusing feature, of course; but I can hop
around a form with multiple datasets that might or might not be in edit
mode and the buttons all work appropriately to the current state of the
focused dataset. IOW, if I click into a control where I have already
edited something in the dataset, the edit button shows grayed out. If I
shift to another dataset, where nothing has been touched, the edit button
appears "live".

Helen