Subject [IBO] Re: Speed difference between TIBQuery and TIB_Query?
Author sgharp
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> The first comment is - it's astonishing that you are using the
client to do
> this non-interactive processing in a client/server system.

This is a temporary situation while another developer works on a set
of stored procedures to handle this. I started working on the
client side stuff as a stop gap because his efforts were taking
longer than expected and we needed something in the mean time.

> Are you aware at all of the
> benefits of using prepared statements and substitutable
parameters, or
> would you like that explained?

I understand. It's been a while since I've worked with C/S and it's
coming back to me in pieces.

> Render unto the desktop that which is the desktop's. If you
> want performance, get into the "client/server groove".

Do you have any suggested reading?

Thanks for the response,
Steve